I will be discussing my own experiences of death and presenting information in regard to undertaking your own funeral arrangements and care for the deceased.I will draw this information from reading material and my own inquiry which is particularly relevent to Perth Western Australia.

Friday

SINGLE FUNERAL PERMIT

METROPOLITAN CEMETERIES BOARD WA.
I have recently been in touch with the Fremantle Cemetery to find out what is required to undertake your own funeral. If you choose to do-it-yourself you need to apply for a SINGLE FUNERAL PERMIT with the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board whose main office is at Karrakatta Cemetery Perth. They have a kit which has all of the information regarding what documentation is required, what requirements they want met, as well as step-by-step instructions, price lists and contact lists for medical referees, coffin makers and the relevant Government Departments. I obtained my kit from Fremantle Cemetery and I would think that all the metropolitan cemeteries would have it available. I would contact them first just to be sure though.The kit outlines the requirements for both Burials and Cremations. There appears to be more paperwork involved when doing a cremation.Below are links to some of the Agencies that you tend to deal with.
Application for Permit to Cremate-Health Department of WA.
Death Registration Paper (Death Certificate)- Registrar General, Births,Deaths,Marriages.
Coroners Certificate (if Coronal Inquiry)- Coroner's Court.